Forskolin: benefits and side effects
A plant found in India and Sri Lanka, with medicinal properties contains a chemical found in its roots called Forskolin. This chemical is put in tablets and is commonly consumed for weight loss reasons and respiratory disorders.
Uses of Forskolin–
- This as mentioned above is a drug used to treat respiratory disorders like asthma. Rather, this is majorly used for treating asthma because of their anti-inflammatory nature.
- The second best usage or the reason this drug is popular is because as this increases the ability of the body to burn fat. This is a great supplement to reduce weight.
- It has also been prescribed by physicians since ancient ages to help fight against heart disorders and blood pressure.
- They work wonderfully against allergies on the skin, in the treatment of psoriasis and eczema
- Bowel movements can be eased with the help of this chemical when taken by mouth. Along with this they also help in smoother functioning of our digestion process.
Now, as seen earlier this drug does seem like a boon, but there are some side effect forskolin. Some of the side effects are mentioned below-
- Hypertension- As much as this helps in controlling blood pressure, there is the possibility that this may cause low blood pressure. Low blood pressure prevents oxygen supply to our vital organs and cause failure of them
- Risky- When combine with other drugs, maybe be life threatening and that’s one important reason for you to always take a doctor’s advice before consuming this drug. Experts say that when this drug is paired with antihypertensives will induce low blood pressure in you and cause adverse effects.
Always and always take medicines only when the doctor prescribes it, because self medication or self prescription is dangerous and risky because of side effect forskolin. As they may cause some permanent damage and involve life threatening risks that cannot be recovered from at all.